Voting in the General Election
November 8, 2016 is Election Day.
VOTE EARLY BY MAIL
To vote early by mail, apply to have an absentee ballot mailed to you. You do not need to be registered to apply.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Download the application below and submit by MAIL, EMAIL, FAX to your county election office.
- Español (Spanish)
- Hmoob (Hmong)
- Soomaali (Somali)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Pусский (Russian)
- 中文 (Chinese)
- ພາສາລາວ (Lao)
- Oromo (Oromo)
- ខ្មែរ (Khmer)
- አማርኛ (Amharic)
Tuesday, November 8 is the last day to submit your absentee ballot.
VOTE EARLY IN PERSON
If you are not registered, you can do so in person if you show proof of residence.
First day to vote early in person is Friday, September 23rd. Last day to vote early in person is one day before the Election.
VOTE ON ELECTION DAY
You can register to vote on the day of the Election at a polling place located near your home by providing any one of these:
- ID with current name and address
- Photo ID and a document with current name and address
- Registered voter from your precinct who can confirm your address
- College student ID with housing list
- Valid registration in the same precinct
- Notice of Late Registration
- Staff person of a residential facility
Click Here for more information about proof of residence.
For additional information, visit our VOTING RESOURCES page.